Meet - Plan - Build
Sabo Custom Builders is a full-service home builder. We help homeowners build the very best home that they can afford. Our commitment to quality starts with our people, and we make sure everyone who works for us or with us believes in doing only the best work. We are a general contractor with a team of project managers, assistant project managers, trusted sub-contractor partners.
The best way to get started is through our contact form. We'll be in touch within one business day to talk further and see about scheduling a meeting.
We want to help you quickly figure out if your project scope, budget, and time frame align. Our goal is for both parties to understand if we are a good fit for each other. This meeting happens at our office or can or virtually.
- Overview of Sabo Custom Builders, our philosophy, and the benefits of working with our team.
- Have an open dialogue to learn prospective client's needs, wants, and commitment level to the project.
- Review the project scope and project location.
- Review the client's budget expectations and viability of the project.
- Review the client's timeframe to start and complete the project.
- You are working with the owner, Ed Sabo, for the duration of the meeting phase.
When budget, schedule, and general scope align, we begin planning by engaging in a pre-construction services agreement. We strongly believe that custom building projects benefit from builder involvement when making design, scope, and budget decisions.
- This planning phase starts the work with the architectural designer, engineer, and energy consultant.
- We work within your target budget and help keep that target as we help plan out the design.
- We work with our trade partners, vendors, and staff to begin pricing the project.
- We write detailed project specifications.
- We create a proposal with a mix of fixed-priced items, things that we can commit to, and allowances for finishes. Input from historical data, information from the architectural / interior designer as well as client input, help create the allowance budgets.
- Present a fixed price contract.
- You are working with the owner, Ed Sabo, and potentially one project manager for the duration of the planning phase.
This is where your ideas and visions come to life and you can start seeing the reality of your dreams. It is an exciting time. During construction, daily communication is constant. We use a client-portal system called BuilderTrend, which is user-friendly software with a fantastic client interface.
- The construction contract is signed, and building permits issued.
- The project schedule completed.
- The design and most, finish selections should be complete at this time.
- Our project managers work on a handful or fewer projects at a time and will perform daily job site visits.
- We repeatedly work with many of our suppliers and sub-contractors, and we consider them a part of our team and family at work!
- Any additional work outside the contract can be discussed verbally or through emails, and for your convenience, we have a change order process that captures any changes to the work scope and schedule.
- You are working with a project manager and a selections coordinator for the duration of the build phase.